Pages

12/13/11

Review: Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMy rating: 5 of 5 starsWhen sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by--and torn between--two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all

I read this one before the Mortal Instruments and I honestly prefer this one better. Maybe because I just like the whole Steampunk style of this book and I love 19th Century specially in London, it makes for me more realistic the plot and I don't know all the fantasy stuff looks more real in this ambiance.

I love Will and I prefer Tessa over Clary.Anyway let's see how things go in the two sagas, I just hope that this long saga won't go down like other series.

The scenarios in this book are amazing, with a british touch of Jack the Ripper I just love how Cassandra always developes the plot in a perfect place. Every things seems to fit, the typical London mist, the victorian parties for me this is a better era for paranormal.

Jem is also a interesting character for me,totally diferent from what we are used to (annoying Simon) I think it will be also really interesting to know his story better. I absolutly adore the relationship between Jem and Will, both of them seem to have interest in Tessa Will and Tessa kiss (L) was so amazing

For short If you loved the Mortal Instruments you will love this, even if I first read this one by mistake.



View all my reviews